Saturday, 15 February 2014

The Roswel UFO Crash - Blanchard goes on leave

The Roswel UFO Crash - Blanchard goes on leave

Authorising the press release was not the only odd thing that Blanchard did that day. He also went on leave. For a base commander to abandon his post for a holiday when the world’s press were besieging the place, clamouring for news of an incident at the base is odd enough. That a military commander might leave when he thought that his men had captured a UFO is even more baffling. It is usually taken that Blanchard did genuinely believe that his men had acquired parts of a flying saucer. Not only had he authorised Haut’s release, but he had sent Marcel off with some of the debris to the highly secretive Wright Field so that it could be analysed.

While Blanchard was away for the next three weeks, his post was taken by his deputy Lieutenant Colonel Payne Jennings. Jennings had been alerted on Sunday 6 July that he would be filling in for Blanchard. This was rather short notice, but not suspiciously so. What it does show, however, is that Blanchard decided to take his leave only two or three days before he went. Again this is somewhat unusual, but not bizarre.

Given the timings of the various events relating to the Roswell Incident, however, the timing of Blanchard’s leave takes on new importance. According to the official version put out by the USAAF, the first the military had known of anything unusual was when Sheriff Wilcox phoned Major Marcel on 7 July when Mac Brazel arrived in Roswell with his box of debris. Marcel had then gone out to collect up the debris, returning to Roswell air base late that evening. He had then shown the debris to Blanchard on the morning of 8 July, whereupon Blanchard authorised the press release and went on leave.

Since it is very unlikely that Blanchard would have gone for a holiday when his base had captured a flying saucer, the official version seems unlikely to be true. Sceptics argue that Blanchard did not go on leave until after Ramey had unmasked the debris as being from a weather balloon. They point to a press report dated 9 July saying that Blanchard had gone on leave, but all this proves is that he had left by noon on 9 July, not that he was on the base until then. In any case, several of the military witnesses, including Haut, say that they remember Blanchard leaving before Ramey’s statement came through.

However, if the official version is rejected then the timing of Blanchard’s leave takes on a new significance. Several researchers believe that the flying saucer crashed on the night of 4 July and that military men moved in to cordon off the area on the morning of 5 July. If this is true, it means that the USAAF was aware of the crashed saucer the day before Blanchard decided to go on leave.

from ROSWELL by Rupert Matthews

Get your copy HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment