Friday, 9 December 2011

The "Lady Combermere" sea monster

In 1820 the merchant ship Lady Combermere came across what the lookout took to be an upturned ship’s hull wallowing in the waves of the Bay of Biscay. The master, George Sandford, steered for the object and later wrote a description of what he saw. “I saw a hump at one extreme resembling the point of a triangular rock. This tapered to a distance I certainly believe 70 or 100 feet, and the water broke over it. I was undetermined in mind what it could be or whether I should tack the ship. It all at once disappeared and, to my great astonishment, a head and neck resembling something of a snake’s made its appearance, erected about six feet above the water. It all at once vanished.”

from THE LITTLE BOOK OF THE PARANORMAL by Rupert Matthews
also in KINDLE EDITION

No comments:

Post a Comment